Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 1/22/2017
The Anomaly Archives Weekly Email Newsletter
January 2017 – Austin, Texas
Happy New Year!
Welcome to the first newsletter issue for 2017. There are a ton of amazing news links below and even more at the Anomaly Archives’ Flipboard page.
Among the many important links are news items related to the Deep State / ParaPolitical / Conspiracy fallout of the American Presidential election and related claims of state-sponsored espionage, election disruption, and cries of a “Fake News” epidemic threatening to upend the American political process and possibly portending increasingly strict online media controls. Given the American Intelligence community’s history of covert perception management and overt propaganda and mainstream media complicity it can be difficult to navigate the treacherous waters amid so much perception management and psychological warfare – see for instance The Mighty Wurlitzer: How the CIA Played America by Hugh Wilford (Reviewed by Michael Warner at CIA.gov [PDF]), The CIA And The Media: How America’s Most Powerful News Media Worked Hand in Glove with the Central Intelligence Agency and Why the Church Committee Covered It Up by Carl Bernstein, and this excerpt from Spooked: How the CIA Manipulates the Media and Hoodwinks Hollywood by Nicholas Schou.
Recent articles about “Weaponized Narrative” and government efforts to “Militarize Social Media to Influence Your Beliefs” fit right in with perspectives I’ve been exploring in a recent writing project dealing with “Weapons of Mass Enchantment” and “Covert Folklore Warfare.”
So much of what is characterized as “Fake News” often has roots in reality despite the folkloric / mythic embellishments and deliberately manipulated misinformation efforts of those utilizing such perception management strategems for socio-cultural control campaigns waged across news networks and social media communities.
Also in this installment of the Anomaly Headline News section we have links to articles about “Archives, Anonymity & Animosity Online” … there’s good news and bad news within the Archival and Ufological worlds. Some amazing strides are being made by online UFO researchers and preservationists; some by anonymous individuals. Unfortunately, the vitriolic nature of much internet enabled “discourse” has caused a number of recent flame war flaps that ultimately leave both believers and skeptics reeling.
Just as anonymous hackers and leakers of insider information have played a leading role in recent electoral drama flashpoints, similarly, issues surrounding anonymity in the UFO research community created a firestorm of flame wars online when Ted Roe (of NARCAP & IAUAPR) and others criticized the citing of research by anonymous researchers; specifically Isaac Koi. You can read Isaac‘s (PDF), Curt Collins‘ and other accounts of the occurrence at the links provided.
Isaac Koi is the pseudonymous UFO researcher who is legendary for the legal (ie – permissions-based) liberation of numerous volumes of print UFO research materials through their digitization and public internet-based dissemination of the resulting scanned archives. He began this independently but had increasingly partnered with the Archives For the Unexplained (AFU) in Sweden:
“Isaac Koi, of AFU’s International Advisory Board, is making an herculean effort to trace down editors and publishers of journals and newsletters to ask them for the rights to scan the contents of old volumes and to make them available as PDFs. AFU has established a work group to continuously work with Isaac in this effort.”
– AFU: Magazine digitization project & new catalogue
Sadly, it seems humanity hasn’t quite yet mastered how to successfully navigate the benefits and hazards of social-media-tech-enabled community. The incident of Isaac’s self-enforced retirement is a particularly frustrating example of the victimization that occurs on all sides when our social-media-masks are donned, often resulting in the release of the worst animosity pouring out of us through the keyboard-enabled persona of our internet masks. Isaac was not a part of that stye of communication but such childish and demoralizing “communication” has dogged participants on both sides of the “debates” and has swirled around many of the most recent flash-in-the-pan cases from the Roswell Slides saga to the Aguadilla, Puerto Rico Coast Guard infrared video case and even the most recent military infrared video case involving the Chilean Navy. Skeptics and believers on all sides of these and other cases report the deplorable nature of the too often heated social-media-enabled commentary: some of those commenting on such allegedly disrespectful diatribes include Erica Lukes (regarding the Roswell Slides debate, Isaac Koi incident, and harassment both online and in-person at conferences), Sharon Hill (regarding the Turkey UFO Attack hoax video and paranormal online discourse in general), and Leslie Kean (regarding the Chilean Navy infrared video case).
While I advocate for civility and empathy, a study published in Frontiers in Psychology last year called “Changing Conspiracy Beliefs through Rationality and Ridiculing” seems to indicate that empathy is not as effective as rationality and ridicule in the combating of “conspiracy theories.” Rationality should always be encouraged but I still prefer civility and empathy over ridicule, and think both are just rewards for those who wish to receive the same level of respect from others.
. . .
There are a LOT more news links below. And that’s NOT all of them. Find all of them and more at our Flipboard page: Anomaly Archives Flipboard.
Also, check out our Book-of-the-Week!
See y’all next issue!
SMiles Lewis / Founder
Book of the Week…
The UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence
By Peter A. Sturrock (Study Director)
Review of Peter Sturrock’s The UFO Engima by John Alexander
“In late September 1997 a multidisciplinary group of scientists convened at the picturesque Pocantico Conference Center near Tarrytown, New York to attempt to reevaluate the evidence pertaining to UFOs. Financially supported by Laurance Rockefeller, it was the author, Peter Sturrock, who brought the two disparate groups of scientists together. As president of the Society for Scientific Exploration, Sturrock had support from an organization dedicated to rigorously researching controversial issues. One group attending this meeting had been involved in research regarding the sensitive topic of aerial phenomena. The other group was comprised of individuals with esteemed scientific credentials but who had limited exposure to the UFO topic. They came agreeing to listen to the evidence with an open mind. This book describes in detail both the process by which they made their evaluation and the evidence supporting the case for further scientific study of UFOs.
While relying primarily on fairly well known UFO reports, this book constitutes an important contribution to a popular field infested with misinformation, misunderstandings, and tripe. The UFO Enigma will become one of the few books that scholars searching for more information about a controversial subject can turn to for reliable information.
The book represents a reasonable overview of the core topic — the physical realities of UFOs. It is not encumbered by the equally popular but more controversial aspects of phenomena, such as alien abductions, that may or may not be related to UFOs. Given the group of scientists they were attempting to influence, Sturrock and his cohorts were well advised to stick to the primary subject.”
– Review of Peter Sturrock’s The UFO Engima by John Alexander, Ph.D.
National Institute for Discovery Science Las Vegas, NV
Source: National Institute for Discovery Science: Review of The UFO Enigma
Book Page at Anomaly Archives…
Here are some headlines of note for this week:
SAI Anomaly Archives eNews
Archives, Anonymity & Animosity Online
- UFO sighting in 1897 excites Tippecanoe County – Bob Kriebel, Lafayett Journal & Courier
- Podcast Episode #14 of the French language “Enquêter sur le Paranormal : les Diapositives de Roswell” – Now available with English subtitles on YouTube – Investigating the Paranormal: Roswell’s Slides
- Q&A with Don Donderi on aliens, Roswell and his UFO course at McGill – John Meagher, Montreal Gazette
- Memories of long-ago UFO by Barclay White, SheppNews, January 02, 2017
- The Chilean Navy UFO Video: Is It A Plane? Leslie Kean, HuffingtonPost.com
- Explained: Chilean Navy “UFO” video – Aerodynamic Contrail, Flight LA330 – Mick West, MetaBunk.org
- Groundbreaking UFO Video Just Released from Chilean Nav… – huffingtonpost.com
- Unidentified Aerial Phenomena and new research: Q & A with Diana Walsh Pasulka and Jacques Vallee – blog.oup.com
- Thinking in the Deep: Inside the Mind of an Octopus – nytimes.com
- Newport Beach nonprofit focuses on UFO research – abc7.com
- Must the Molecules of Life Always be Left-Handed or Rig… – smithsonianmag.com
- Recanting Roswell? – badufos.blogspot.com
- Family fights government in land dispute near Area 51 – foxnews.com
- Jim Moseley: Adamski Needed Orthon – MysteriousUniverse.org
- George Adamski: Hoaxer or Someting Else? – MysteriousUniverse.org
- NORAD Investigates UFOs, according to ‘Declassified’ Me… – MJ Banias, MysteriousUniverse.org
- If we made contact with aliens, how would religions react? – bbc.com
- Argentina: Seven Friends Break Pact of Silence to Discl… – inexplicata.blogspot.com
- The Immoral UFO; The Ethics of Alien Visitation – terraobscura.net
- The Most Over The Top UFO Case Of All? – MysteriousUniverse.org
- Easter eggs evolved: Why gamers spent 3-years-plus stud… – arstechnica.com
- Dog walker sparks alien invasion theories after capturi… – thesun.co.uk
- Stranger Things: The Rise and Fall of UFOs and Life on … – bostonreview.net
- Cracking the 1896/97 Airships Mystery? Toward a Psycho-… – skepticversustheflyingsaucers….
- UFOs & Eschatology: Demons and E.T. – MysteriousUniverse.org
- Mexico: A Beam on the Tombstone – inexplicata.blogspot.com
- Arrival – reviewed by a UFO expert – inews.co.uk
Fortean / Anomalist Headlines
Deep State ParaPolitical Headlines
Blue Rose Reports, Abuse Networks, Child Trafficking
Archive & Library News: Fake News “Crisis,” Free Speech & Freedom of Research
Information Perception Metaphysics
Mind Kontrol News
Misc News & Headlines
And links to these news headlines AND MORE at our Anomaly Archives Flipboard Magazine Online…
- Diver Finds Long-Lost Nuke While Hunting Sea Cucumbers – yahoo.com
- 16.18 – MU Podcast – MysteriousUniverse.org
- The Ghosts of Loch Ness – MysteriousUniverse.org
- More Tampa Bay area residents report seeing mysterious … – wfla.com
- UFO GUYS NicRedfern 10 29 16 – youtube.com
- The REAL Roswell UFO Cover-up! – highstrangenessufo.com
- Intelligence agencies are running al-Qaeda camps in Nor… – medium.com
- The DeLonge DeLusion: Part One – mysteriousuniverse.org
- Black Helicopters: What In Hell?! – mysteriousuniverse.org
- People of Earth – UFO experiencers played for comedy – hiddenexperience.blogspot.com
- Water witchery: Is it hocus-pocus or science? – mnn.com
- Beware The Bedroom Invaders – Nick Redfern Writes – jimharold.com
- Canada’s ‘UFO guy’ fascinated by lights in the sky – ctvnews.ca
- Harrison Bergeron – A Cautionary Tale – mysteriousuniverse.org
- A Gateway for Truth – hiddenhistorycenter.org
- 3 Theories to Explain the Loch Ness Monster – llewellyn.com
- UFOs, the CIA and the Robertson Panel – mysteriousuniverse.org
- Episode 11 – Adam Gorightly – JFK – Illuminati – James … – m.soundcloud.com
- The Podesta Emails: Our secret plan. Forwarded message From: Thomas DELONGE – wikileaks.org
- Inside The Invisible Government: John Pilger On War, Pr… – newmatilda.com
- Reimagining a Shadowy Medieval Brotherhood That Probabl… – newyorker.com
- Teen Stuns Family After Waking From Coma Speaking Only … – huffingtonpost.com
- Austin’s Alex Jones: The voice in Donald Trump’s head – mystatesman.com
- RAW vs. Mae Brussell! – historiadiscordia.com
- MAGNIFICENT OBSESSIONS: Episode Name — UFO Hunter. – youtube.com
- Was there a secret US government research group? – ufos-scientificresearch.blogsp…
- Bear sightings in East Texas? – easttexasmatters.com
- Pablo Vergel provides an “exegesis” of Jose Antonio Car… – ufocon.blogspot.com.es
- The Higgs Bison — mystery species hidden in cave art – eurekalert.org
Check out more news links at the
Anomaly Archives Flipboard
[NOTE: Inclusion of news & event info is purely informational
and does not indicate endorsement.]
Source: Anomaly Archives eNews 1/22/2017