Playfair, Guy Lyon –
Skeptics Can Be Fooled: Dennis Stillings takes Randi for a Ride by Guy Lyon Playfair
See also: articles at www.SkepticalInvestigations.org
Guy Lyon Playfair is probably best known for the investigation of the Enfield Poltergeist, as he recorded in This House is Haunted in 1980. Prior to the Enfield
by Guy Lyon Playfair. CSICOP (Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal) came into existence at the 1976 convention of the …
by Guy Lyon Playfair. The Skeptical Invaders. Back to… Mediawatch. With the publication of Paul H. Smith’s Reading the Enemy’s Mind (New York: Tom Doherty …
Additionally, Playfair has worked for several U.S., British and Brazilian magazines, newspapers and publishing houses. From 1967 to 1971 he worked in the press section of the U.S. Agency for International Development in Rio de Janeiro. Widely travelled, he has lived in Brazil for several years. His books have been translated into about 15 languages. He has also written numerous articles for magazines in several countries, and has worked as researcher and consultant on numerous radio and television programmes.
For two years, Guy Playfair worked with IBPP, Brazil’s first and only serious psychical research organization. He has been a member of the British Society for Psychical Research since 1973 and was elected to its Council in 2004. He has contributed several articles and book reviews to its journal and newsletter.
In his first book, The Unknown Power (first published as The Flying Cow by Souvenir Press Ltd., U.K. 1975) he brings a wide reading in the literature of psychical research to bear on Brazilian paranormal phenomena, including those events connected with Francisco Candido ‘Chico’ Xavier, Zé Arigó and others. In The Indefinite Boundary (first published by Souvenir Press Ltd., U.K. 1976), Guy Playfair reviews evidence for the existence of psychic phenomena.
He wrote a study of time cycles in connection with paranormal phenomena in The Cycles of Heaven (1978). With Maurice Grosse he investigated the Enfield Poltergeist over one year, as recorded in This House is Haunted (1980). If This Be Magic, an inquiry into hypnotism (both 1985). He then collaborated with Uri Geller on The Geller Effect (1986).
- The Unknown Power. Panther Books, St. Albans 1977, ISBN 0-586-04235-0
- The Indefinite Boundary. Panther Books, 1977, ISBN 0-586-04638-0
- with Scott Hill: The Cycles of Heaven : Cosmic Forces and What They Are Doing to You. St. Martin’s Press, New York 1978
- This House is Haunted : The Investigation of the Enfield Poltergeist. Stein & Day, 1980, ISBN 0-8128-2732-5
- The Haunted Pub Guide. 1985, ISBN 0-245-54255-8
- If This be Magic. Jonathan Cape, 1985, ISBN 0-224-02338-1 and ISBN 978-0-224-02338-2
- with Uri Geller: The Geller Effect. Grafton, Jonathan Cape, Hunter Publishing, ISBN 0-586-07430-9 ISBN 978-0586074305
- Twin Telepathy. Vega, 2002, ISBN 1-84333-686-3
- New Clothes for Old Souls : World Wide Evidence for Reincarnation. Druze Heritage Foundation, 2006, ISBN 1-904850-09-X and ISBN 978-1-904850-09-0
- Chico Xavier, Medium of the Century. Roundtable Publishing, 2010, ISBN 0-9564493-1-X
- Jump up ^  Twin Telepathy By Guy Lyon Playfair
- Jump up ^ The Geller effect Uri Geller, Guy Lyon Playfair – 1986 – Page 189
- Jump up ^ Creeping Flesh: The Horror Fantasy Film Book David Kerekes – 2003 – Page 61
- Jump up ^ Encyclopedia of occultism & parapsychology Leslie Shepard, Lewis Spence, Nandor Fodor – 1991 – 2008 – Page 655
- Biography at SurvivalAfterDeath.org.uk
- Guy Lyon Playfair – Bookshelf of the Association for Skeptical Investigations
- Ghostwatch, article by Stephen Volk in Fortean Times, January 2003
- Guy Lyon Playfair Answers.com
File Contents / Inventory:
Secrets of the Skeptics: The Stargate Conspiracy by Guy Lyon Playfair