Location & Hours
The Anomaly Archives lending library is open most Saturdays from 1-5 pm at our location within the INACS headquarters:
Headquarters / Mailing Address:
Email Addresses: For Web Site Questions Contact Miles Lewis.
About the Anomaly Archives
The Anomaly Archives is the lending library of the Scientific Anomalies Institute, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that seeks:
- Preservation and dissemination of scientific research into anomalous phenomena
- Research and analysis of accumulated collections
- Education of the public regarding scientific investigations into these phenomena
Purposes of the Institute:
- Managing and developing an archive and library for documents and literature with regards to a multi-disciplinary approach to anomalous phenomena,
- Supporting, promoting and pursuing research to obtain increased knowledge about anomalous phenomena, and
- Pursuing and stimulating a critical, scientific discussion of anomalous phenomena, and providing a forum for information, support, and sharing among researchers while,
- Functioning as the archives and library for like-minded organizations, and other groups in the community that have similar interests.
Our collection houses over 3500 books as well as research materials such as, videos, documents, magazines, and personal correspondence. Along with the S.A.I. collection, we also curate the collections of Austin MUFON (Mutual UFO Network), and INACS (Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies), and previously those of Austin IONS (Institute Of Noetic Sciences) and JSA (Jung Society of Austin). We house many great books that discuss a wide range of scientific subjects including:
- UFOs and Ufology
- Fortean Phenomena
- ParaPolitical Science
- Human Potential
- Jungian Theory
Check out our various Collections.
If you’re heading northwest on Research/183 from I-35, Mopac or 360, exit 183 at the Oak Knoll exit, pass through the light at Oak Knoll, and stay on the access road heading north. The next side street off the 183 access road will be Technology Blvd; do not turn on Technology. Immediately after you pass Technology, there will be a driveway on your right (the only one in that area) — Exit into that driveway. There will be a sign overhead for “Forest Plaza.” After you pull in, you’ll have no choice but to go to the left into Forest Plaza. Our building is the back left building within the complex — Suite 302. If you’re heading south on Research/183, you also exit at Oak Knoll, but take the u-turn just before you get to Oak Knoll, get over the right on the northbound access road, and prepare to make the right immediately after Technology Blvd. as in the directions above.