May 28th, 2010 | Add a Comment
ANOMALY ARCHIVES eNEWSLETTER
Subscribe to the by sending an email to: <AnomalyArchivesemail@example.com>
You can visit the archived back issues here on the web and also at <www.YahooGroups.com> .
- Anomaly Archives News
- Free Summer Flying-Saucer Cinema Series – Begins May 29th, 2010
- Free lecture: Nick Redfern on UFO Contactees – June 26th, 2010
“In early October of 2009 I was contacted by an associate producer for the online webisode series “Streets of Fear” who was wanting to know if I knew anything paranormal or mysterious about Convict Hill Road here in Austin, Texas. The online series is part of the horror lineup of programming offered at Fear Net dot com that focuses on ultra brief media bytes exploring stories of American streets with really spooky names, such as Bloody Pond, White Wolf, Dark Hollow, Widow Susan, Beelzebub, Gore Orphanage, Hell Hollow, Shades of Death, Gallows Hill, Purgatory, Spook Rock, Burnt Church, Witches Rock, Bloods Point, Tombstone Canyon, Mount Misery, Extraterrestrial Highway, and Bloody Spring. They had contacted me after finding my friend James Bankston whose article in the Oak Hill Gazette had gotten their attention.”
- Anomaly Headlines
We have a ton of news links for you again this month.
UFOs & Flying Saucers
- PsiOp Radio 116 – 100523 with guest James Moseley – mp3 audio podcast
- British policeman wins UFO investigation award – Telegraph
- Project Sphere: Spherical UAP and Aviation Safety report at NARCAP dot org
- 2010 X-Conference Review by Skylaire Alfvegren
- Beyond UFOs and extraterrestrials: Human consciousness may be key, by Steve Hammons
- INTANGIBLE MATERIALITY: Part One of The Secret Commonwealth
- INTANGIBLE MATERIALITY: Part Two of The Secret Commonwealth
- UFO `Knowledge’ – Take Your Pick at the UFO Disclosure Countdown Clock
- New home secretary reconsidering UFO watcher case – Hacker McKinnon might be saved by new government
- Will There Be Another Near Miss With a UFO/Missile Over Houston?
- The Aliens Within
- UFOs & The Enigma of the United States Navy
- Air Force downplays city UFO sighting – The News Leader
- UFO studies should be ‘legitimate university subject’, claims American professor – Telegraph
- Trends in UFO reporting reveal the real hotspots – Open minds TV
- The Curious Case of UFO’s MAJIC MJ-12, and TV’s Twin Peaks
- A Systems Theory of The UFO – INTANGIBLE MATERIALITY
- FSR 1957: The Human Side of UFOlogy
- UFOs buzz NT nuke site – Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
- Flying Saucer Review Volume 3: the Phenomenon
- Case closed: MUFON says Euclid, OH, UFOs are planes
- Chile – Sixteen UFO Cases Reported on Earthquake Night
- Chile’s Post-Earthquake UFO Terrified Bus Passengers
- Diana Hoyt UFO Survey
Flashback: UK-UFO-School Exercises
- Children traumatised by ‘War of Worlds’ abduction of teacher
Pupils as young as seven were left traumatised after a school staged a ‘War of the Worlds’ style production during which a teacher was abducted by aliens
- Alien Invasion: A Bizarre Exercise in Story-Writing Skills, or Social Commentary on Misdirection?
- Don’t Trust Anyone, Children
- Edgware pupils tackle alien investigation
- X-files come to classroom
- Police investigate school’s alien invasion - Sep 18 2008 By David Tilley – Anomaly News archive
- UFO crash lands at Cleethorpes school! – Anomaly News archive
- Staged Alien Events and Schools
- Children Traumatized by School’s Staged Alien Abduction
- Staged Alien Abduction UFO Scenarios at Schools
- FLASHBACK: PsiOp Radio 57 – 080930 – mp3 audio podcast
- FLASHBACK: PsiOp Radio 84 – 090802 – mp3 audio podcast
- FLASHBACK: PsiOp Radio 96 – 091115 – mp3 audio podcast
Anomalous / Fortean / Paranormal / Weird
Parapolitical Science & Conspiracy Culture
Consciousness / Mind-Body
EMF Mind & Body Health Research
CIA History: Biological / Chemical Warfare Research & Torture
- Cries From the Past: Torture’s Ugly Echoes by H.P. Albarelli Jr.
- Did the U.S. Army help spread Morgellons and other diseases?
- Mystery Disease Linked to Missing Israeli Scientist
- WRITING ABOUT THE UNSPEAKABLE (AIDS, the CIA and bio-warfare)
- Was idyllic French village driven crazy by LSD in a secret American mind experiment?
- PsiOp Radio 113 – 100502 with guest H.P. Albarelli – mp3 audio podcast
Related… See Also these articles at WIRED.com:
- Vets Sue CIA Over Mind-Control Tests
- Defense Spooks: Let’s Control Enemy Minds
- Army Funds ‘Synthetic Telepathy’ Research
- Psychic Spies, Acid Guinea Pigs, New Age Soldiers: the True Men Who Stare at Goats
- Review: New Movie Can’t Top Real-Life Men Who Stare at Goats
- ‘Manchurian Candidates’ to Gather in Connecticut
- Army’s Hallucinogenic Weapons Unveiled
MeetUps & Events
- Free Summer Flying-Saucer Cinema Series – Begins May 29th, 2010 (“Rain Day” Sunday the 30th)
1516B South Lamar Boulevard @ 8pm / Film Starts at 8:30pm CST
ATTENDEES MUST PARK NEXT DOOR ON COLLIER STREET
- A Brief History of Movie Flying Saucers – Photo Essays – TIME
- UFOs in Movies, Books and Television – History of the Flying Saucer – Popular Mechanics
The Anomaly Archives has scheduled several dates for the new Summer Cinema Series as well as our upcoming lecture by ufologist Nick Redfern in June.
Join up and stay tuned for news about upcoming meetings and events:
- Free lecture: Nick Redfern on UFO Contactees – June 26th, 2010
Contactees: A History of Alien-Human Interaction
Contactees contains the fascinating stories of the select group of people chosen by visitors to Earth to spread their message. Are aliens really among us? Don’t be too quick to dismiss their claims.
Truman Bethurum was divorced by his wife because she believed he was having close encounters of a very personal kind with a beautiful extraterrestrial “space captain” named Aura Rhanes. Is he nuts? Prescient? An omen?
A band of eerily human-looking, blond-haired aliens–later known as the Space-Brothers–informed other contactees that they were concerned by our warlike ways and wished us to live in peace with one another. Acting on the advice of the Space-Brothers, contactees such as George Van Tassel and George Adamski went out and spread the extraterrestrial word to anyone and everyone who would listen. And many did, including U.S. government agencies.
More than half a century later, the contactees are still among us, still telling their tales of personal alien encounters, and still maintaining their cult-like status in the world of UFOlogy. Nick Redfern’s Contactees relates their thought-provoking, lluminating, controversial, and sometimes bizarre stories in all their appropriately out-of-this-world glory.
- Austin MUFON Meetings in 2010 - Contact: Mike DeGroff
Other Upcoming Events in Texas
- Collections / Donations
In the past, I would roll my rapidly glazing eyes whenever I heard some formerly sensible person carrying the cudgels of conspiracy theories: you know the rants: the Trilateral Commission, CIA, FBI, Masons, and Secret Societies are all out to run the world and silence truth seekers with intimidation, death–or plankton up the nostrils–and it seems the body formerly inhabited by a friend is ready to board a ship to the moon. But then I came across this book, and I was stunned at the volume of detail and even facts that have been amassed by the obsessive believers in these seemingly wacko conspiracy theories. The most disturbing fact is that people investigating conspiracy theories seem to have the highest death rate of any profession — other than shark dentists.
The editors adopt a sensible attitude: they do not claim that any interpretations in the book are necessarily true, but rather that these are truly things that conspiracy theorists have proposed. Note that this is a comic book of 39 tellings of almost as many conspiracy theories, but the comic-book medium in fact works very well. Recommended, unless some gruff voice calls me late at night and tells me to change my mind…. (Pssst: from the same people who brought you another Amazon.com Books favorite, The Big Book of Weirdos). –Jonathan Kochmer
- Blown Away: Texas Monthly July 1996
Just before I leave Austin, I see a new video in Blockbuster: Secrets of the Unknown: Tornadoes and UFOs. Your favorite flavors, together at last. …
- Edward Mulhare Movies
Rent Edward Mulhare movies at Blockbuster. Your online source for Edward … The program Secrets of the Unknown: Tornadoes explores nature’s deadly spirals. …
- Welcome our New Trustees to the Board of Directors
Late last year two new trustees were voted on to the board of directors for the Scientific Anomaly Institute. Here is a little background information on both Jeremy Wells and Craig York.
Jeremy Wells (left), Board Member – Jeremy D. Wells is an Austin, TX based writer, editor, and researcher. Jeremy grew up in rural eastern, Kentucky, within day trip distance of Point Pleasant, WV (home of the fabled Mothman), Peebles, OH (location of the Serpent Mound), and the haunted Moonville train tunnel in Vinton County, OH. He grew up surrounded by stories of these mysteries, black panther sightings, and his grandparent’s haunted house, fueling an early interest in the paranormal. After studying history at Shawnee State University and working as a journalist and editor for various small town newspapers Jeremy’s interest evolved from attempts at proving or disproving strange phenomenon to the history of Forteana, trends across various phenomenon and ages, and the study of why individuals interpret this unknown phenomenon in the manner that they do.
Jeremy currently works as a freelance writer, editor, and training specialist in the video game industry and serves as a researcher and field investigator with the Texas Bigfoot Research Conservancy.
Craig York (right), Board Member – I have been interested in the paranormal generally since discovering Ivan Sanderson’s Investigating the Unexplained when I was still a pre-teen. In the forty and some odd years since, I have amassed a modest library of ghost lore, mainly collections of regional ghost stories, and crytozoological material. I have sculpted a few “Crypto” subjects, and maintain an active hobby life. In addition to these activities, I am an amateur actor, and have enjoyed a number of successful performances with the local Theater troupe, The Violet Crown Radio Players. Long a passive spectator of paranormal investigation, I hope to take a more active role in the years ahead.
Subscribe to our Twitter Feed for Operational Announcements most Saturdays from 1-5 pm.
- Austin IONS – www.IonsAustin.org
- INACS – www.INACS.org
- Austin MUFON – www.AustinMufon.org
- Jung Society of Austin – www.JungSociety.org
- American Creativity Association – Austin Chapter – AmCreativityAssoc.org/chapter-austin.htm
- Isis Institute of Women’s Studies – www.IsisAustin.org
- HPC – www.HumanPotentialCenter.org / Campus
- Anomaly Archives Needs Your Help
Written by anomaly
© 2013 Anomaly Archives